Sunday, March 8, 2009

Online Portfolios

As technology continues to increase, even college students will have to learn more about using the world wide web and online resources effectively. I am not completely computer literate, but I seem to be able to figure things out by trying and using them continuously.

My past experience with online portfolio work is somewhat limited; however I am now in the process of creating my own web-page to display my course work and my experience as a Clemson undergraduate student. I am using my Google account to create the portfolio page and it is very self explanatory so far. Therefore, the experience is definitely coming along, I just have been really particular when creating the pages. It is rather difficult sometimes to add the certain details to a page that make it look professional. Despite these challenges, it is a matter of time and effort and the experience has been good for me.

Since the main objective of Business Writing 304 is to create our own portfolio, I will certainly need to know details before combining and displaying my portfolio due on March 23rd. The main questions I have are as follows: Will the portfolio need to be displayed electronically or is a hard copy appropriate? What sites or programs will be most effective for this type of project? Mainly, I just need to know what students have done in the past and what is the best way of displaying our course work for the draft. I do know what needs to be included and I look forward to combining all of the work I have done to date. The best part of the portfolio is we will be able to use this in the future and creating it only helps us in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment