Sunday, January 11, 2009

Introduction to Classmates


Hey Everyone, the new spring semester is finally underway. I would like to begin by introducing myself and give a brief background of my life and how I ended up at Clemson.
I was born in Newbury, Massachusetts a small town about 40 minutes north of Boston and 30 minutes from the border of New Hampshire. I grew up loving sports from the very beginning and learned to ice skate early on. I attended Triton Regional High School where I played golf, hockey and baseball, but also remained focused on my academics.
I really enjoyed every minute of High School, but just wanted to switch things up a little and go out of my element by attending a college far away from home. I figure you have four years to go anywhere and experience anything, I may as well mix it up and check out what the south had to offer. Not to mention the climate, amazing sports and campus of Clemson.
My main interests now are health and fitness and of course sports. My passion is staying healthy, exercising regularly and focusing on school. Last summer, I received my certification in personal training and would like to eventually end up in the health/fitness service industry. I am majoring in Marketing with an emphasis in health and hospital services and a minor in health science. In addition to fitness, I love the beach, hiking, snowboarding, golfing - basically anything outdoors and I am set. Lastly, the Boston Red Sox are my team and baseball is my favorite sport to watch.
All and all, that's just a quick background of myself and how I ended up down here. I look forward to the semester and learning more about everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment